Oyster.com, a hotel research website providing expert reviews and photos, is looking for a freelance writer based in London to join our team. As a hotel review writer, you will travel to hotels to tour, investigate, rate, and review them. If it sounds like it’s the job of a lifetime, that’s because we think it is. We will also be counting on your local London expertise to give these reviews the edge they need.
Oyster.com, a TripAdvisor company, delivers unbiased, expert information about hotels. Oyster sends trained reviewers to visit, comprehensively photograph, and critique each hotel reviewed on Oyster. Oyster.com has been featured by numerous media outlets, including The Today Show, 20/20, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times.
What You'll Do:
• Visit and tour hotels in London
• Investigate each hotel extensively, according to Oyster guidelines
• Write a review of each hotel, also according to our specifications
What You've Done:
• You’re a published travel writer – your work has appeared in travel magazines, guide books, or similar. It’s not just a hobby, and you have more than a blog to show for it (but we’d love to see your blog if you have one!). You have samples to send us, which are either online or are PDFs.
• You’ve traveled extensively and stayed in a wide variety of hotels
Who You Are:
• Love to travel and do it whenever you have the chance.
• Personable: Easy to talk to, easy to like — great at conversations and conducting interviews
• A great communicator: You’re articulate, clear, and concise.
• Easy to reach and quick to respond.
• Presentable and put-together, as you’ll be representing our company when you visit hotels
• Flexible with your schedule, and able to devote at least 25 hours a week to Oyster projects
• Able to maintain a publication's established voice and style
• Willing to visit multiple hotels in one day, and can navigate the tube efficiently!